Every camp director can speak to the importance of considering the quality of the mattresses you purchase for your campers. In our quick camp buying guide we discuss the five most important features for any camp mattress.
- Waterproof & Fluid Resistant Cover: Purchasing a mattress that includes a waterproof cover is of the utmost importance. Accidents frequently happen to campers so the waterproof cover allows for quick and easy clean up without permanently damaging the mattress.
- Meets U.S. Fire Codes: Fire codes vary from state to state but it is important to choose a mattress company that makes meeting those codes a priority.
- Mattress with Inverted Seams: Camp grounds are frequently beset by bedbug infestations. To protect your campers make sure to purchase a bed bug resistant mattress cover that includes inverted seams.
- Hypo-allergenic: Young and old campers alike often have allergies that make them sensitive to certain chemicals and materials. By purchasing a hypoallergenic mattress you’ll be sure to protect your sensitive campers from allergic reactions.
- Durable: You’ll want to choose a mattress that will last through multiple camp seasons. Foam mattresses should include a high density foam constructed in a single piece. It should also include a heavy duty camp cover that protects your mattress for many years.